Write for Us
We’re looking for passionate writers to contribute to Alternative House Architects. We’re currently looking for:
- Format: How-to & instructional posts
- Format: Guides & “Introduction to [topic]” posts
- Format: Curated posts or resource pages
- Topic: Green DIY Projects
- Topic: Slow design
- Topic: Unique Architecture from [Your City]
- Topic: Upcycling
- Open to other topics and formats – let us know what you’re thinking!
If you’re interested, please read the contributor guidelines below.
If you’re looking to write a guest post for us, and don’t want to be paid but instead want to include links to something you’re promoting, then we have really high-quality standards for accepting that type of work.
This generally applies to the following types of writers:
- You own/work for a company and are blogging to promote it.
- You run a blog that sells ebooks, courses, services, or other revenue other than banner ads.
- You work with a marketing agency and are promoting a client.
We charge a flat rate of $5 per guest post. No crypto, CBD, adult, pharmaceutical, or anything else that is not relevant to our readers.
What Makes A Great Post On Alternative House Architects:
Please read other people’s guidelines on quality guest posting to get a better idea of what makes an excellent post. In general, we want to see the following from guest posts:
- Be Thorough – Our best posts are 500 to 1000 words or longer, preferably with photos you own.
- Make it Practical & Applicable – make it relevant for our readers and include lots of useful tips.
- Write Clearly – use a tool like Hemingway App if you’re not a professional writer (most of us aren’t).
- Prove It – use lots of cited and helpful resources, including other content on Insteading and elsewhere on the web
- Relevant To Your Expertise – write about topics that you have direct experience with – please don’t submit a post on how to cut a wine bottle in half if you’ve never actually done it.
If you are interested in writing for us, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your article in DOCX or PDF and include any relevant links. We reserve the right to modify any link admissions or reject your post.